Job Summary: Huitt-Zollars' Orlando office is seeking a Project Architect - Registered Architect for a full-time position. HZ is a leading Architectural and Engineering firm providing innovative architectural and interior design, planning, and engineering to projects across the country.
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports to: Practice Area Leader
Employment Type: 40 FT Hours
Compensation Type: Salary
Registration: Licensed Architect
Education: Bachelors' Degree in Architecture
Required Education and Experience:
Essential Skills - Qualified candidate must be able to provide the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to project teams.
- Task oriented time management.
- Technical capacity to research, interpret, and apply building codes.
- Revit Architecture: 5-years of direct project production experience.
- Ability to provide review and markups of Revit models and construction documents in Bluebeam software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Timely analysis and problem solving.
Responsibilities and Requirements of this position include:
- Must be able to demonstrate building construction technical experience.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Ability to manage project budgets to expected profit level.
- Ability to manage project schedules to meet client deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Revit, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to execute the design vision.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Ability to lead and coordinate consultant teams.
- Ability to interact with owners and user groups.
- Ability to review and process contractor submittals and RFIs, conduct job site progress reviews, process contractor applications for payment, and manage the architect's scope of work during the construction process.
- Demonstrating strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Must work well in open office team-based collaborative environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- Typical work days and hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Travel expected for this position may include travel to client meetings and construction job sites.
- Employee will be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses.
- Acquires, understands, and applies technical and professional knowledge and skills to perform job effectively, efficiently, and safely. Understands and adheres to Huitt-Zollars policies and procedures. Stays abreast of trends and pending changes within assigned area of responsibility.
- Establishes, enforces, and drives policies that promotes Company vision and culture to achieve company objectives.
- Strong business acumen. Offers excellent communication and presentation skills in an organized, professional manner.
- Ability to nurture and maintain key relationships internally and externally through communication and diplomacy.
- Contributes to a positive and productive team-oriented environment. Offers open communication/feedback within the team. Minimizes conflict and builds collaboration to maintain productive team.
- Huitt-Zollars, Inc. is a privately held, 100% employee-owned leading Architectural and Engineering (A/E) firm since being established in 1975. Since then, our firm has been providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build services to our clients.
- Located in more than 20 locations throughout 10 different US states, Huitt-Zollars holds a vision to improve the environment in which we live, work, and play. Employees/co-owners can expect to collaborate with their team, listen to client and community needs, and deliver world-class professional services. Learn more about a career with #teamHZ by viewing our LinkedIN Life page.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health insurance (BCBS TX BlueChoice PPO)
- Dental insurance (BCBS TX BlueChoice PPO)
- Vision insurance (BCBS TX BlueChoice PPO)
- MDLive Telehealth
- Employer-Paid Short- & Long-Term disability
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Employee Morale/Teambuilding events and activities
- Paid Vacation/Annual Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Professional Societies and Registrations Fee Reimbursements
- Term Life / AD&D insurance
- Cancer and Specified Disease insurance
- Two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Huitt-Zollars in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. Currently, Huitt-Zollars does not sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Huitt-Zollars does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters without a previously signed third-party agreement. Any unsolicited third-party resumes forwarded by recruiters to any Huitt-Zollars hiring manager or employee will be considered public information, may be treated as a direct application from the person identified in the resume, and will not be eligible for placement fee payment to the agency submitting the unsolicited resume. Huitt-Zollars will not pay a fee to a third-party recruiter or agency that has not coordinated their recruiting activity with the appropriate member of the Human Resources team and without an active, fully executed service agreement.
Please apply online at https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: OR050
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. #licensedarchitect#AIA